harmony-dev mailing list archives

From zouqiong <ust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance of drlvm
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 06:19:03 GMT
En, I list some paper I have read.

1.Efficient Representations and Abstractions for Quantifying and Exploiting
Data Reference
   Locality.
2.Bursty Tracing: A Framework for Low-Overhead Temporal Profiling
3.Dynamic Hot Data Stream Prefetching for General-Purpose Programs
4.Profile-guided Proactive Garbage Collection for Locality Optimization

list 1-4 provide the framework to trace, and the algorithm to process the
trace.

If you want to learn more about SEQUITUR algorithm, you can read
5.Whole Program Paths

All these paper can be found by using Goole. From these paper, you can
find more
that you need to read.

And the problems I faced now are:
1. Which library to choose to profile the Data Reference Trace. PAPI? We
need to
know the pc of the instructions which incur most of the cache miss. I am
afraid of
the profiling overhead.

2.How to abstract the Data Reference Trace for JAVA? Egor had given some
clue
on it.

And now I want to know the schedule for this project.  I expect to join it.
But I am not
familiar with GC and interface for profile in drlvm, can you give me some
clue or
suggestion to learn them as soon as possible. Thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Qiong,Zou