harmony-dev mailing list archives

From zouqiong <ust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance of drlvm
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 02:48:55 GMT
Hi, Mikhail,
    I am happy to receive your letter.
    Nowadays I looked though many performance monitor tools, such as
oprofile, perfctr, papi, and at last i want to use perfctr or papi. Papi is
more user-friendly than perfctr, and have been used by many tools.
    This is what i thought about the limitations that you listed:

1. En, I have considered about this problem. We have to install a kernel
patch first. Luckily, both perfctr and papi provide kernel-patches.

2. I have no  problem  to  work on a P4, and the only machine i have is a P4
because i am a student, so I
have no money to buy other kind of machine.

3. Unluckily, papi or perfctr now only works on linux platform. But it`s ok
for me. Although working on all platform
is important, it can be thought about later. Working on one platform is the
first thing, and we should guarantee
its efficiency, control its overhead....

The limitation is ok for me. I think a framework that works efficiently is
important for me. And we can use  better programming skills for future
porting to other platforms.....

--
Best Regards,
Qiong,Zou