harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [doc] Intrim solution
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:24:11 GMT
Geir,

I agree with all your points and will try something out. Will probably
produce a first small-scale update later this week.

About your question:
	> 3) Going through all current XML files making up the website
to make
	> adjustments in <body> content per new CSS requirements (can be
done 	by a
	> script or auto-replacement but still)

	The last one I don't understand.  Rarely is there any L&F info
in the
	XML - that's the point of this approach - that the document
content -
	the XML - is independent of the rendering.

Example: I suggest that we remove all those <blockquote> elements from
xml files that are used only to indent text. Instead, we can use <p> or
<sectionbody> or <para> or whatever and include indentation in the style
of that element in the CSS.
	As W3C HTML 4.1 spec defines it, <blockquote> element is
introduced 	for showing quoted text. Here's a citation from the
spec:
	"However, as some authors have used BLOCKQUOTE merely as a
mechanism 	to indent text, in order to preserve the intention of
the authors, 	user agents should not insert quotation marks in the
default style.
	The usage of BLOCKQUOTE to indent text is deprecated in favor of
style 	sheets."
This is an instance when we might have to edit existing XML pages. But
that would be later, after we test the approach on something more
straight-forward :)

Best regards,
Nadya Morozova,