harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [doc]proposal to improve and expand website
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 11:09:23 GMT
Tim, Geir, all,

I've been experimenting with porting the externals/ stuff to the site
itself. For an API package doc (used Regexp.html), it took me:
~2 hours to create and brush up a valid XML doc that ant parses with no
errors (used code sweepers and manual replacements)
~2 more hours to beautify the code (trim white space, remove redundant
anchors, repair links to reference section names instead of anchors,
etc.)
The resulting XML doc is attached.
In a while, I might as well port the other docs using the same algorithm
unless we find a better one :)

Questions on the process:

1. Each section and subsection ends with too much white space. It looks
ok on some other pages, but on this one it's ugly. I guess this is part
of stylesheet applied during processing; could we change the style
sheet?
2. Where do we place images that we reference from these docs?
Currently, the only images/ folder is top-level docs/ folder with logos.
Do you think we can have images/ subfolder in subcomponents? Or in
subcomponents/classlib?
3. The resulting XML doc is simplified in terms of style decoration.
Sometimes, it is good, but at other times it is not. For example, having
NOTE and WARNING appear in red might be a good idea. Can we extend the
set of styles currently applied to the files to make these and similar
adjustments? Alternatively, we can use harmony.css as the basis and
adjust it as we need.

Best regards,
Nadya Morozova,
i-net 8-291-3310