harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject [doc]proposal to improve and expand website
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:43:11 GMT
Geir, all,

I have thought that I could contribute by brushing up and expanding some
of the pages on the Harmony website. My first attempt has been to edit
the FAQ section, see JIRA issue 1032 [1].

Another thing I could do is to add content to the DRLVM page (a newly
added page with no content so far). I thought that placing links to
various docs we have for DRLVM now could be useful. If nobody is against
this, I could produce a trial patch shortly.

One technical question: if I place links to documents that go into SVN
and check out the latest version, the link takes you to the HTML doc
with no images or styles displayed. As I understand, Geir has overcome
this difficulty when linking from the Documentation page to descriptions
of classlib bundles by copying the docs into the site/docs/externals
directory. Should I do that for Getting Started, Developer's Guide and
any other HTML docs I find for DRLVM?

Note: the ClassLibrary page [2], section Architecture and Guide has
links to external sources [3] that are also HTML displayed with no
styles or formatting or images. Perhaps, we should also fix that
somehow.

[1] JIRA 1032, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1032

[2] ClassLib page
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/index.htm