harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stack Overflow Error support issues
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:45:56 GMT

> >No, I think that VM can do this check but use lower border: e.g. 1/100 of
> >initial.
> >JIT must do this check more accurate: use knowledge of algorithms it
> uses.

I lowered the defensive  VM check to 1/100 of the initial stack size on both
platforms as discussed. Even with this less strict requirement, the test
recurses > 700,000 times.To be augmented with simple Jit heuristic when we
pursue further. This is a simple, self-contained change primarily as self
education to go thru the JIRA based code patch submission procedure.

Thanks,
Rana