harmony-dev mailing list archives

From FaeLLe <mrbillcollec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Distributed Garbage Collection in RMI
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:45:21 GMT
Hello Weldon,

I am currently working on the DGC interface on a Java level so that it can
work on top of the JVM. My modification is entirely is on the Java level.

What I am working on the implementeation of a Distributed Reference Listing
algorithm for RMI DGC. We have identified faults in the algorithm Sun
currently uses and have explained them in the paper I mentioned before. It
is called a revised version of Birrell's algorithm.

Not currently worked with MMTk but perhaps you can point me towards the
project page of the toolkit you are describing. I have only heard about it
before not exactly ventured into it.

Regards,

- Vikram Mohan