harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRLVM][VM] -- which header bits are available for GC mark and GC forwarding use?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:50:34 GMT
Looking at drlvm/trunk, it looks like vmcore/include/sync_bits.h
defines the use of  *(ref_ptr +4) for 32-bit environment.  Just
guessing that "#define BUSY_FORWARDING_OFFSET 0" is intended to tell
the GC that it can use the least significant bit out of these four
bytes.  Is this correct?  I would like to use this bit as an MMTk mark
bit.  Will this work?  (Actually the name, BUSY_FORWARDING_OFFSET is
probably not the best...)

There is also a gc/src/gc_header.h file that contains, "#define
GC_OBJECT_MARK_BIT_MASK 0x80".  This seems to step on top of
sync_bits.h use of this area???    Can I assume gc_header.h is
incorrect?

--
Weldon Washburn
Intel Middleware Products Division