harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [drlvm] DRLVM, jre/bin/default and launcher
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:13:10 GMT
We need to make DRLVM work with the launcher in the same way that J9
works with the launcher.  It's a royal PITA to do an ant-clean and have
DRLVM wiped out of the deploy/jdk/jre directory in classlib-land.

My goal here is two fold -

a) make it easy for people to have both DRLVM and j9 around for A/B testing

b) make DRLVM the default VM we use for everything

I know that we still have the epic argument around hythread to resolve,
but we can do this task first.

Does anyone want to volunteer to take this on?  If not, I'll do it, but
I know that there are people out there that know DRLVM far better than I
do...

geir