harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Sobolewski <jez...@interia.pl>
Subject Re: [classlib] Sun compiler change?
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:04:00 GMT
Spark Shen wrote:

> Did you (refer to thread [app] ant with ecj) put
>
> Eclipse compiler JAR on Ant's
> execution classpath to execute the javac task.
>
> If so, may be that's why It always gives you "unchecked cast" warning,
> no errors.

Well, I created a new EnumSet class in completly unrelated environment... So
it is perfectly possible that there's a classpath conflict somewhere. I
can't verify that because don't have the Harmony build here :)

BTW: another experiment revealed that
EnumSet<? extends Enum<E>> set = (EnumSet<? extends Enum<E>>)collection;
compiles without warnings. No matter how much I think I understand generics,
there's always something that surprises me ;)
-KS