harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Spark Shen <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Sun compiler change?
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:44:04 GMT
Krzysztof Sobolewski 写道:
> Spark Shen wrote:
>

>>> As far as I understand generics, SomeClass<A> and SomeClass<B>, where
>>> extends A, *are* incompatible (per the spec). Generic types are not
>>> polymorphic.
>>> The problematic line IMO should read:
>>>
>>> EnumSet<? extends E> set = (EnumSet<? extends E>)collection;
>>>

>> Do you mean to change the problematic line into the above statement? I
>> have tried this already, but this type of cast will also give a
>> compilation error.
>>

> That's odd. I used a compiler this time and could not reproduce it (with
> javac 1.5.0_08-b03 and quick-and-dirty from-the-scratch EnumSet impl). It
> always gives me "unchecked cast" warning, no errors. Maybe I should check
> out Harmony sources? :)

Hi
That's really odd. :-)
I use javac:
java version "1.5.0_08"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_08-b03)

And I check out Harmony sources and run build task using ant under
command, which gives the following error prompt:
[mkdir] Created dir: C:\spark\harmony\build\classes
[javac] Compiling 3173 source files to C:\spark\harmony\build\classes
[javac]
C:\spark\harmony\modules\luni\src\main\java\java\util\MiniEnumSet.java:78:
inconvertible types
[javac] found   : java.util.Collection<capture of ? extends E>
[javac] required: java.util.EnumSet<? extends E>
[javac]             EnumSet<? extends E> set = (EnumSet<? extends E>)
collection;
[javac]                                                               ^
[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 1 error

BTW, before every build, I run 'ant clean' to clean all previous outputs.

Best regards

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM