harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Spark Shen <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Sun compiler change?
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 05:26:28 GMT
Richard Liang 写道:

> Richard Liang wrote:
>>

>> Nathan Beyer wrote:
>>> Is anyone else using the latest Sun JDK, v5.0 Update 8 on Windows?
>>>

>>> I'm seeing a compilation error in the LUNI that I don't see with 5.0
>>> Update
>>> 7. Here's the error I'm getting.
>>>

>>> compile:
>>>
>>> [mkdir] Created dir:
>>> C:\dev\harmony\enhanced\classlib\trunk\build\classes
>>>
>>> [javac] Compiling 3173 source files to
>>> C:\dev\harmony\enhanced\classlib\trun
>>>
>>> k\build\classes
>>>
>>> [javac]
>>> C:\dev\harmony\enhanced\classlib\trunk\modules\luni\src\main\java\ja
>>>
>>> va\util\MiniEnumSet.java:78: inconvertible types
>>>
>>> [javac] found : java.util.Collection<capture of ? extends E>
>>>
>>> [javac] required: java.util.EnumSet<E>
>>>
>>> [javac] EnumSet<E> set = (EnumSet<E>) collection;
>>>
>>> [javac] ^
>>>

>> Yes, I got the same error using 1.5.0_08. Will have a look at it. :-)
> This should be an enhancement/bug-fixing of java compiler. There are
> bugs in java.util.MiniEnumSet. I will try to fix it later....
Seems that in new version of JDK, EnumSet<E> and <capture of ? extends
E> (E was previously stated as <E extends Enum<E>>) are not considered
compatible.
After changing
EnumSet<E> set = (EnumSet<E>)collection;
into
EnumSet set = (EnumSet)collection;
, compilation using ant in command line succeeds.
Would any one give a clue, why the are considered incompatible in this
version of JDK?

Eclipse uses its own JDK compiler, which may differ from this 1.5.0_08
version compiler.
I guess this is the reason why compilation only fails in command line on
your machine.

Best regards

--
Spark Shen