harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [ldap] support for multiple VMs?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:58:49 GMT
Hi Alexey,

I have taken a look at the patch - generally it looks good to me, and if
it all
works ok when you test it, it's fine by me.

I think if there are cases where some functionality is repeated many
times, it
would be good to see it split out somewhere central. However, Im not sure
the port library is the right place for these functions - the port
library is really a
generic front hiding platform specific operations. These functions do
not really
fit into that category - perhaps they would be better placed in the common
library (luni/src/main/native/common)? This component provides a set of
helper functions required by many native modules, and seems like the right
place to put them.

Regards,
Oliver

--