harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [ClassLib][Instrument]Put tests to Harmony (and Support_Exec)
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:42:15 GMT
Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
> Hi,
>     The development on instrument is going to an end (I may still
> apply a few patches of refine). And the tests for it do help a lot in
> finding bugs and applying compatibility with RI, and special thanks to
> Stepan and "Support_Exec". :)
>     However, I still have a problem with Support_Exec, it usually, if
> not always, meets a problem in loading kernel classes. Tracing into
> the code, I find it add a parameter "-Xbootclasspath:" to launcher
> with a System Property("com.ibm.oti.system.class.path", I'm using J9
> for DRLVM not ready for jvmti yet). But the property was null on my
> workspace. After deleting that parameter, I get all tests pass using
> both Ant and eclipse. So can someone tell me how to handle this? Or
> can I make a little update to it?

One problem here will be that com.ibm.oti.system.class.path went out
with VME v3.
In VME v4 we use org.apache.harmony.boot.class.path (see
modules\luni\src\main\native\luni\shared\luniglob.c). Looking at
Support_Exec, it
appears that this setting is out of date and should be updated with the
new value.
Does this fix your problem?

>      All existing tests has pass on both Harmony and RI in my
> workspace(Linux/windows) when make a little change to lib name. Though
> VM may not be updated for it very soon, I'd like to add tests to
> Harmony, make it excluded first until VM ready, in order that some one
> who is interested can check by making a little change and run tests.
> Any comments/suggestions?

Sounds like a good idea - it seems that the workaround to run on the IBM VME
is pretty straightforward, so people will be able to run the tests if
they want to.
Then when a new VME is out and/or drlvm catches up we can make the tests
"live".

Regards,
Oliver

--