harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vm] ArgoUML application crashes IBM VME
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:22:35 GMT

Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> On 8/23/06, Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Vladimir,
>>
>> Ive taken a quick look at your bug report, and at first glance the
>> Windows stack trace says:
>>
>> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: gl (Not found in
>> com.ibm.oti.vm.bootstrap.library.path)
>>        at
>> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:113)
>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(
>> ClassLoader.java:97)
>>        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:758)
>>        at org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.windows.WinGraphicsEnvironment
>> .<clinit>(WiGraphicsEnvironment.java:38)
>>

>> which basically tells me that you are missing gl.dll. In fact, if you
>> look at WinGraphicsEnvironment at line 38, there is a System.loadLibrary
>> ("gl")
>> call. You need to build with the -Dwith.awt.swing=true flag set on
>> the ant command line to get this. If you do this and rerun argouml,
>> the app. splash screen comes up, but is halted after a short time by the
>> following error:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>>        at
>> java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:27)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:258)
>>        at com.ibm.oti.vm.JarRunner.main(JarRunner.java:42)
>> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>> java/applet/Applet.getAppletContext()Ljava/applet/AppletContext;
>>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.getAppletContext(Globals.java:86)
>>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.showStatus(Globals.java:145)
>>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.pushMode(Editor.java:282)
>>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:191)
>>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:172)
>> <SNIP!>
>>
>> which is not a surprise since our Applet class is just an empty shell.
>> Looks
>> like we cannot run this until we have Applet. It might be interesting if
>> you
>> ran one of the class load investigation tools contributed to Harmony (I
>> think there might be two) to see how far away we are from running this -
>> perhaps the results could be added to the website? The JIRAs containing
>> these
>> tools are listed at the bottom of [1]
>

> Uhhh... It's not very easy to build GL on Windows. Obviously this process
> should (and can) be rendered automatic.

I hope it can ;)

> Oliver, I've got same result as you have. I also have info about all
> classes
> have not been implemented
>
> in the Harmony for this application (argoUML). At least the
> filter_classes
> tool (H-165) generates the following list:

Great! Thanks for getting this list together. I guess these should
all be covered by our xerces dependency - so it appears that
the only thing standing between us and running ArgoUML is
the Applet implementation?

Is there somewhere you can put this on the wiki/website so that we
dont lose it? Looks like an interesting test app.

Regards,
Oliver

> cat missing_classes.txt
>
> javax/xml/parsers/SAXParserFactory
> javax/xml/parsers/ParserConfigurationException
> javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory
> javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilder
> javax/xml/parsers/SAXParser
> javax/xml/transform/Source
> javax/xml/transform/Result
> javax/xml/transform/TransformerException
> javax/xml/transform/TransformerConfigurationException
> org/w3c/dom/Node
> org/w3c/dom/NodeList
> org/w3c/dom/Document
> org/w3c/dom/Element
> org/w3c/dom/TypeInfo
> org/w3c/dom/CharacterData
> org/w3c/dom/Comment
> org/w3c/dom/DocumentType
> org/w3c/dom/NamedNodeMap
> org/w3c/dom/Attr
> org/w3c/dom/Text
> org/w3c/dom/events/EventTarget
> org/w3c/dom/events/DocumentEvent
> org/xml/sax/AttributeList
> org/xml/sax/EntityResolver
> org/xml/sax/InputSource
> org/xml/sax/SAXException
> org/xml/sax/DTDHandler
> org/xml/sax/ContentHandler
> org/xml/sax/ErrorHandler
> org/xml/sax/Parser
> org/xml/sax/XMLReader
> org/xml/sax/Attributes
> org/xml/sax/Locator
> org/xml/sax/ext/EntityResolver2
> org/xml/sax/ext/Attributes2
> org/xml/sax/ext/Locator2
> org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler
> org/xml/sax/helpers/AttributesImpl
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir.
>

> I will take a look at the Linux crash next and see if I can get anywhere
>> with that. Ill add the above stack trace to the JIRA.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Oli
>>
>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/roadmap.html
>>

>> Vladimir Gorr wrote:
>> > ArgoUML application (http://argouml.tigris.org) crashes IBM VME. I've
>> > created new issue (H-1257) where the logs are.
>> > Could anybody please look at this problem and fix it?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Vladimir.
>> >

>> --
>> Oliver Deakin