harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vm] ArgoUML application crashes IBM VME
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:13:25 GMT
Hi Vladimir,

Ive taken a quick look at your bug report, and at first glance the
Windows stack trace says:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: gl (Not found in com.ibm.oti.vm.bootstrap.library.path)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:113)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:97)
        at org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.windows.WinGraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(WiGraphicsEnvironment.java:38)

which basically tells me that you are missing gl.dll. In fact, if you
look at WinGraphicsEnvironment at line 38, there is a System.loadLibrary("gl")
call. You need to build with the -Dwith.awt.swing=true flag set on
the ant command line to get this. If you do this and rerun argouml,
the app. splash screen comes up, but is halted after a short time by the
following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at
java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:27)
        at com.ibm.oti.vm.JarRunner.main(JarRunner.java:42)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java/applet/Applet.getAppletContext()Ljava/applet/AppletContext;
        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.getAppletContext(Globals.java:86)
        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.showStatus(Globals.java:145)
        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.pushMode(Editor.java:282)
        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:191)
        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:172)
<SNIP!>

which is not a surprise since our Applet class is just an empty shell. Looks
like we cannot run this until we have Applet. It might be interesting if you
ran one of the class load investigation tools contributed to Harmony (I
think there might be two) to see how far away we are from running this -
perhaps the results could be added to the website? The JIRAs containing these
tools are listed at the bottom of [1].

I will take a look at the Linux crash next and see if I can get anywhere
with that. Ill add the above stack trace to the JIRA.

Regards,
Oli

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/roadmap.html

--