harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-frederic Clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] problem when TM patch applied
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:00:11 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Rana Dasgupta wrote:

>>> minute more
>>> :)

>>> difference?
>>

>> I most likely misread. I thought that Geir was saying that with the
>> TM patch
>> the exception is raised instantly and repeats. Without the TM patch, it
>> happens after an hour both with last week's snapshot and with the
>> current
>> SVN head.
>

> So I've retried with a clean build, and then the new 1.2M patch from
> Salikh (that impressively does apply cleanly) and both result in the
> same - the failure I reported w/o 10 seconds of start up with tomcat.
>
> I think the thing to do here is :
>
> 1) really hope that someone can reproduce it tonight

With head without the patch I have (TC goes on working after):
+++
Aug 23, 2006 8:37:41 AM INFO
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol.start: Starting Coyote
HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Aug 23, 2006 8:37:41 AM INFO org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.init:
JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Aug 23, 2006 8:37:41 AM INFO org.apache.jk.server.JkMain.start: Jk
running ID=0 time=1/105  config=null
Aug 23, 2006 8:37:42 AM INFO
org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader.load: Find registry
server-registry.xml at classpath resource
Aug 23, 2006 8:37:42 AM INFO org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start:
Server startup in 6611 ms
Aug 23, 2006 8:40:15 AM WARNING
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.acceptConnections: Exception
executing accept
Throwable occurred: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
        at
org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.acceptStreamSocketImpl(OSNetworkSystem.java)
        at
org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.acceptStreamSocket(OSNetworkSystem.java:220)
        at
org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:101)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:252)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:140)
Aug 23, 2006 8:40:15 AM SEVERE
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket: Endpoint
ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080] ignored
exception: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
+++
I have not tried with the patch.

The weird thing is that I would also expect it on the ajp13 socket but I
don't get it.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic