harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] problem when TM patch applied
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:03:54 GMT
Rana Dasgupta wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >According to Geir the snapshot from last week lasted just one minute
>> more
>> :)
>>
>> >It exception is the same, time is the same, then what is the difference?
>

> I most likely misread. I thought that Geir was saying that with the TM
> patch
> the exception is raised instantly and repeats. Without the TM patch, it
> happens after an hour both with last week's snapshot and with the current
> SVN head.

So I've retried with a clean build, and then the new 1.2M patch from
Salikh (that impressively does apply cleanly) and both result in the
same - the failure I reported w/o 10 seconds of start up with tomcat.

I think the thing to do here is :

1) really hope that someone can reproduce it tonight

2) check the pile in tomorrow and force us to fix it ASAP

geir