harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [drlvm] problem when TM patch applied
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:11:48 GMT
I've applied the thread manager patch (with some minor tweaks by hand...)

All builds fine, and passes the smoke tests and the new [cool] C-based
unit tests.

However, when I run tomcat 5.5.17, I have a problem - after the server
comes up, it throws an exception and then spins hard.

I've done a sanity check with last weeks published snapshot, and SVN
head w/o the threadmanager patch (to test if it's the classlib) and both
work fine.

I'd like to get TM in so that VM patches can be based against that, but
I'm a little loathe to commit what appears to be broken code.

So what to do?

If we believe that we can get this fixed quickly against SVN, I'm happy
to check in and let people work on it directly - I think that would be
the nicest way to continue moving all work against the Harmony SVN...

Andrey, et al - do you think this is minor?

geir