harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: New IBM VME available soon
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:51:53 GMT
Leo Li wrote:
> Hi, Oli:
>     It is really a problem that System.getenv fails to behave as RI on
> windows. I will fix it by get env string out by os function such
> as getenvironmentvariable and getenv. Thank you for your tips.

Thanks for looking at fixing this Leo :)

>   Besides, the returned environment variables is only defined  in
> the process of the java application, for example, the command windows,
> and
> remains the same during the life cycle. :)

It's not possible that the environment variables could change during the
lifetime
of the VM? If, for example, a Java program made a call out to native
code, isn't it
quite possible that that native code to alter the environment variables,
and thus
when we return to Java the environment of the process has changed?

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin