harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Iñigo <...@nodo50.org>
Subject Re: [testing] trying to run freemind with harmony
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:04:55 GMT
Salikh Zakirov escribió:
> Have you tried -Xmx1g ? :)
> The current GC implementation has several inefficiencies in handling objects
> of size ~60 kb. In the worst case up to 53% of the heap can be wasted.
>
> To get more information about heap usage, please add the command line argument
> -verbose:gc*, and it will print a lot of information about its internal state.
> Could you please send it to the list?

I have tried it now, and the message is this:

C:\Archivos de programa\FreeMind\lib>java -Xmx1g -verbose:gc* -jar
freemind.jar
GC v4 M1-39 (2006-03-28)
GC will incrementally slide compact at each GC, using algorithm = 2
Chunks will be swept on allocation
WARNING: final heap size is too large, reduced to 900 Mb
java heap initial size 64 Mb, maximum size 900 Mb (38400000h), addresses
range 2
0020000 - 58420000
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <no stack trace available>