harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [general] svn:eol-style = native (LF vs CRLF)
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:29:41 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> Does anyone have objections to setting the svn:eol-style to native for
> *.java, *.c, *.h, *.cpp, *.xml as we move forward with updates and changes?
> I believe this is the suggested setting for committers [1][2]. The only file
> types that I know of that must have a specific line ending are *.dsp and
> *.dsw, which must be CRLF.
>

> Some files are already set this way and others are not, but if we go about
> updating these as we move forward, this should normalize checkouts for
> everyone.

I do not have any objections, but I have not much experience with SVN
to answer Alexey's concern properly.

I usually do not use SVN directly, but import the history into the local
repository (Git), which has only unix LF line endings. So, to me personally,
it does not matter if the eol-style is set to "LF" or "native".

Nathan, to make the conversion easier, I have attached a script for conversion.