harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][instrument]Using Support_Exec framework(was Re: [classlib][Instrument] Documents for non-unit-tests)
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:34:25 GMT
Hi,

     I'm trying to write some unit tests of instrument. As discussed,
I'm using exec.
     Currently I've tried Support_Exec and find it fairly easy to
use(Thanks Stepan :) ).

     For resources (jar files and utility classes), I make a new directory:
$Harmony/modules/instrument/src/test/resource/org/apache/harmony/tests/instrument
and put them there.

     And I meet a problem here. Currently the default classpath in
running test is "$Harmony/modules/instrument/bin", so it meets problem
in loading those utility classes (it can load jar files though).
     I remember Mark has plan to change the classpath in running
testcase, it'll be great if he make some progress.

     An another problem is checking, currently the result is checked by
searching and compare in string(e.g, find "someException" in result).
But the framework seems fails if any exception is thrown out. Can it
make a little change that it passes and returns the error message in exec?

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM