harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][suncompat] created
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:23:51 GMT
Oleg Khaschansky wrote:
> Another solution is to create stubs which will throw exceptions with
> detailed message. Then users will get neccessary information but
> functionality won't be enabled by default.

I'd like to inflict just a little bit of pain (but maybe that is my
warped personality ;-) ).  If people have gone to the trouble of getting
harmony to try it then expecting them to uncomment a line in the
properties file as penance not unreasonable IMHO.

So you may be onto something ... perhaps we also have an uncompat.jar
included by default, that implements those types to always print out an
impolite message on the console and quit:

*** your app is rubbish, go to jre/lib/boot/bootclasspath.properties
*** and uncomment this line...

Regards,
Tim

--