harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]strings externalization
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:41:51 GMT
I took a look at the HARMONY-1041 tool.  It is fine, I have only minor
comments:

 - do you think we need to separate the Message and MsgUtil types?
Given that they are generated from a template I'd be inclined to combine
them into a single type now.  We have no need to look in that file in
general.  If you do choose to combine them then I would expect the
resulting header to be (c) 1998, 2006.

 - Minor typo "Better make changes in the teamplate file." -> template.

Ilya Okomin wrote:
> I would suggest to split this task into a set of jira sub-issues, one
> module - one issue. This kind of division would give us an
> opportunity this work to be done in a parallel mode.

Agreed.  I suggest that we run the msgtool on the existing modules and
commit the generated code and catalog files, then the incoming patches
can assume they are there and use them to fix the externalization.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)