harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions found while running servlet...
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:18:50 GMT
Martin Cordova wrote:
> Is it OK to send this type of feedback to the list? please let me know
> if not, and what subject conventions should I use (is there a link
> about this?). I am not a Harmony developer, just a new user, I can
> only provide feedback from my tests.

Welcome! I think everyone here is eager to see Harmony works with some
real projects well :)

> ----
>
> I am running a small webapp, using Winstone servlet engine and IBM JDK
> 1.4.2 SP4 on WinXP SP2. Runs fine. I switched to Harmony JRE (aug-4),
> and found these exceptions:
>
> 1.- I see this error while using servlet includes and also at the end
> of some pages:
>
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0..0 at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendStreamImpl(OSNetworkSystem.java)

> at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendStream(OSNetworkSystem.java:194)

> at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.write(PlainSocketImpl.java:647)
> at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:89)
>
> at winstone.WinstoneOutputStream.commit(WinstoneOutputStream.java:152)
> at winstone.WinstoneOutputStream.flush(WinstoneOutputStream.java:189)
> at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:176) at
> java.io.OutputStreamWriter.convert(OutputStreamWriter.java:240) at
> java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(OutputStreamWriter.java:228) at
> java.io.PrintWriter.doWrite(PrintWriter.java:640) at
> java.io.PrintWriter.write(PrintWriter.java:622) at
> winstone.WinstoneResponseWriter.write(WinstoneResponseWriter.java:45)
> at java.io.PrintWriter.write(PrintWriter.java:607) at
> java.io.PrintWriter.write(PrintWriter.java:657) at
> java.io.PrintWriter.print(PrintWriter.java:455) at

I've looked into this, I feel puzzled, the stack trace shows that:
org.apache.harmony.luni.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:89)

but there are checks for overflow:
if (0 <= offset && offset <= buffer.length && 0 <= count
			&& count <= buffer.length - offset){
}
So can you give more information? e.g, what are PrintWriter try to write
that time? :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv