harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: BASE64Encoder class missing?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:09:23 GMT

Martin Cordova wrote:
> Hi, I am testing the latest Harmony JRE (Aug-4-06) with a servlet
> engine on Windows XP SP2. The first obstacle I hit was related to the
> use of sun/misc/BASE64Encoder
>
> I got a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError exception.
>
> Is there a workaround? was this class located under a different package?

Not yet.  We were discussing this earlier.  Problem obviously is that
the code is using sun specific code.

I think that we should probably do this as well as we've discussed,
sooner rather than later :

1) add a new module "suncompat" to make it clear what it is
2) have it produce a suncompat.jar that we include by default.
3) make users happy

Anyone want to take a stab at this?  I assume we have a base64 encoder
we can wrap?

geir