harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Classlib updated to 5.0 builds - new IBM VME required
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:49:56 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> I've just committed the HARMONY-1084 patch (thanks Oliver) at repository
> revision r429714 that brings the class library code building up to 5.0.
>  The jsr-14 target is now gone!

<cheers and applause at disappearance of jsr14>

> Reports are that this code works with the latest version of DRLVM
> without further modification.
>
> If you want to run/test with the IBM VME you have to move up to version
> 4 which is available here [1].

If you had the previous VME version and want to continue using the new
one, you
will just have to:
 - update your classlib checkout to get the H-1084 patch
 - rebuild classlib with "ant rebuild"
 - completely delete the old VME (in deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default)
 - unpack the new VME under the deploy/jdk directory (it has a jre shape)

 From there you should be able to continue developing/testing as before.
If you hit any problems, please post here and we'll all try to figure it
out :)

Regards,
Oliver

--