harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Applying HARMONY-1084 - 5.0 patches
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:25:06 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Once I apply the HARMONY-1084 patches, the classlib code will only be
> usable with the new IBM VME v4 available now from Developerworks [1].

We need to make sure that DRLVM is ready first, although looking at the
the patch, I'm not sure there's much to be done.  Worrysome, given the
boot classpath property.

I am in the process of running for a plane. (There's news...)  Can
someone verify that there will be no problem w/ DRLVM before we do this?

> Can other VM folk let me know if/when they are comfortable with that
> patch being applied?  The contents were described by Oliver, and the
> patch file is short enough to read.
>
> The only potential breakages I see for you are the renaming of a system
> property, and the launcher looking for a different DLL name.

Right - that was my worry, the system property, but I didn't find that
on first pass.

The launcher change is irrelevant for now, since there are other issues
that need to be fixed w/ DRLVM before it works properly w/ the launcher,
where "properly" is defined as "having all the DRLVM artifacts in a
/default or other subdirectory of jre/bin" :)

geir