harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][Instrument] Documents for non-unit-tests (was Re:[classlib] Plan on work on java.lang.instrument)
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 02:39:44 GMT
Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     As it is hard to write unit test for package instrument, I now
> have an idea: write down some documents for details of non-unit test
> cases for instrument. The detail of such test cases contain:
> 1. The test run on which platform, including special environment;
> 2. The test description;
> 3. How to run test (command line, etc.);
> 4. test result;
> 5. resource (or links) for tests, including c/java code for test if any.
>
>     I hope ensure the code quality in this way. Like unit test, such
> tests can be checked and re-run for regression, though un-automatically.
You mean these tests' result need to be checked manually? I think it is
not acceptable. IIUC, the issue here is some instrument agent needs to
be specified in JVM args, so these tests are somthing that need special
startup configuration, we can find a way to handle these tests, say,
specify the configuration in instrument's build.xml, we can even fork a
new JVM process per these tests, (Not sure if TestNG has any special
support for this?).

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab