harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Liang <richard.lian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][Instrument] Documents for non-unit-tests (was Re:[classlib] Plan on work on java.lang.instrument)
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 02:19:47 GMT

Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
> Richard Liang wrote:
>>

>> Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>     As it is hard to write unit test for package instrument, I now
>>> have an idea: write down some documents for details of non-unit test
>>> cases for instrument. The detail of such test cases contain:
>> Do you mean it's hard to *write* unit test or it's hard to integrate
>> the tests with Harmony build system?
>>

> Hard to write unit test, so record them in some document may be a
> better way :)

Sounds reasonable :-) But what does the "test" mean in "3. How to run
test (command line, etc.); "?  Do you mean we will test instrument
manually? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks a lot.
>>> 1. The test run on which platform, including special environment;
>>> 2. The test description;
>>> 3. How to run test (command line, etc.);
>>> 4. test result;
>>> 5. resource (or links) for tests, including c/java code for test if

--
Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM