harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [wish] harmony NCSS chart over time wanted!
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:41:08 GMT
This morning I woke up thinking that it would be nice to see an
historical chart of the (real) lines of code in harmony over time.

I found this: http://www.kclee.de/clemens/java/javancss/

A tool that checks the real lines of code in a java program and the code
complexity of class, methods and packages.

Here's the pseudocode that would use if I had time to implement this:

 - find out the initial svn revision number that Harmony was committed in
 - checkout that revision number (svn can checkout a specific revision
number)

 - apply javaNCSS on that, save the output as XML as
"revision#.ncss.xml" or something like that

 - increase the revision number by one and call svn update with that
revision (most revisions won't update harmony but there is no way to
know this in advance)

 - apply javaNCSS on that

 - and so on, until svn returns an error because it ran out of revision
numbers

At this point, the latest processed revision can be obtained using "svn
info" on the harmony folder and we can continue from there as a cron job
or something.

Once all that data is there, we can plot it using things like gnuplot or
ploticus or even a custom java2d->jpg thingy.

Any volunteer?

--
Stefano.