harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Spark Shen <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] Enhance the functionalities provided by BitSet
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 01:18:14 GMT
Hi All:

IMHO, EnumSet provides a set view of enum types. According to its spec,
"Enum sets are represented internally as bit vectors".
To avoid to re-invent the wheel, it could be more reasonable to utilize
java.util.BitSet class to support the implementation of EnumSet.

While current API methods provided by BitSet is not enough, I need to
extend the function provided by BitSet. There are 2 options:
1. Implement these extension methods in BitSet directly as package
private methods
2. Construct a package private utility class in
org.apache.harmony.luni.util package, and implement extensions in this
implementation class.

I prefer the first option, since there is not many classes need these
extension. If no objections, I will adopt the first schema.

Best regards.

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM