harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general]Snapshot cannot work on Win2K
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 05:35:39 GMT
Why is it needed?  Clearly something is wrong w/ the binary snapshot,
which is supposed to be a release build...

geir

Salikh Zakirov wrote:

> Aleksey Ignatenko wrote:
>> Hi, it looks like your friend needs to install Microsoft Platform SDK on
>> his
>> PC .
>> Another solution is to download and update version of dbghelp library from
>> msdn site.
>
> I vaguely remember that Microsoft license allows to include dbghelp.dll
> to binary distributions. Below is a quote from EULA (end user license agreement).
> May be we could put dbghelp.dll to binary snapshots?
>

> --- 8< ---
> * Distribution Terms.  You may reproduce and distribute an unlimited number of copies
of the Sample Code and/or
> Redistributable Code (collectively "Redistributable Components") as described above in
object code form, provided that (a)
> you distribute the Redistributable Components only in conjunction with and as a part
of your Application solely for use with a
> Microsoft Operating System Product; (b) your Application adds significant and primary
functionality to the Redistributable
> Components; (c) you distribute your Application containing the Redistributable Components
pursuant to an End-User License
> Agreement (which may be "break-the-seal", "click-wrap" or signed), with terms no less
protective than those contained herein;
> (d) you do not permit further redistribution of the Redistributable Components by your
end-user customers; (e) you do not use
> Microsoft's name, logo, or trademarks to market your Application; (f) you include a valid
copyright notice on your
> Application; and (g) you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft from
and against any claims or lawsuits,
> including attorneys' fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of your
Application.  Contact Microsoft for the
> applicable licensing terms for all other uses and/or distribution of the Redistributable
Components.