harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] Plan on work on java.lang.instrument
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 03:40:10 GMT
Hi,

     If no objection, I shall go on with the plan of instrument :)
     Refer to Harmony status page[1],  INSTRUMENT is missing, so this
module shall named as "instrument". I shall open a wiki-page for its
status like other modules on [2].

     For Java codes, API classes/interfaces can be added to
modules/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/instrument, and implementation can
be added to
modules/luni/src/main/java/org/apache/harmony/luni/internal/lang/instrument

     For native codes, instrument need a new directory in
modules/luni/src/main/native named "instrument", in my plan, there
should be two native code, one for instrument native implementation, and
another for laugher (for parameter "-javaagent"). Instrument shall be
compiled into a .DLL(.so) file alone.

     Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

[1]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/status.html
[2]http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/INSTRUMENT