harmony-dev mailing list archives

From will pugh <willp...@sourcelabs.com>
Subject Re: [rant] Memory options in VM -- why is the default not 'unlimited'
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:23:43 GMT
Yes.  I apologize.  I stated it in the past because the issue was
resolved in the past.  More precise english probably would have been either:

How did Kaffe decide to deal with SoftReferences?
  or
How does Kaffe deal with SoftReferences?

Although, still interested in the answer to either of these questions.
Do SoftReferences basically become strong references without a limit?
Do they basically become WeakReferences?  or do they do something else?

    Thanks,
    --Will