harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] contribution of Java management console
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:57:24 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry for disturbing you again :) but I'd like to announce another
code contribution on behalf of Intel. This the independent
implementation of Java management console. RI has a built-in console
called "jconsole" [1]. BEA has proprietary "JRockit Management
Console" that is distributed along with BEA JDK [2]. One of the most
common purposes of these tools is to provide real-time information
about various Java VM resources and be able to manage them at
run-time.

It will be nice if Harmony could have its own management console.
However, the developed console is simpler than the consoles mentioned
above and doesn't have such a well polished graphical interface. It
uses SWT graphical library and can be used as a plugin for Eclipse as
well as a standalone SWT application. The console provides
capabilities for managing of systems that expose JMX-compliant
management interface. This includes Sun VM, BEA VM, J2EE servers and
etc.  The bad news here is that currently it cannot be used for
Harmony VM management since we do not have the implementation for
java.lang.management package in Harmony yet. But I hope we will have
some day.

The contribution bundle can be found at:

If you have any question please contact me, I will try to answer.

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/jconsole.html
[2] http://e-docs.bea.com/wljrockit/docs50/usingJMC/monitoring.html#1035332

Thanks for reading so far.
With Best Regards,