harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build-test-infra] Build Test Infrastructure
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:58:00 GMT
Hi Anton,

> I believe that most
> common server-side engine is CGI (not PHP or J2EE) so I'd like to
> implement this using Perl CGI scripts.

(just thinking about) there are several good Java-oriented
technologies - servlets, JSP, JSF - why not to use them? I don't like
to say that servlets are more frequent than perl, but Java itself is
not the most widely used language. We should advertise it. :) IMHO
having Java web/servlets server (not a complete J2EE) for such type of
tasks with theoretically Harmony JRE inside will do a good job for our
project.

Regards,

2006/7/28, Anton Luht <anton.luht@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I know why this thread is so lazy - it's because everybody dislikes QA
> & testing :)
>
> > OK, now let me add my $0.02 about my vision about reporting of test
> > results. I believe it's better to do this using HTTP rather than mail
> > because some people may not have access to SMTP port (for example, be
> > behind proxy with Exchange as mail server - I don't really know if it
> > provides SMTP service). HTTP is open in most  configurations and it
> > was already decided that HDK and tests will be delivered via HTTP.
> >
> > I see the reporting of the results in the following way: after
> > executing tests the script packs results and uploads them (as with
> > browser file upload) to the server. After that data is processed on
> > server-side - daemons can send periodical e-mails, draw charts,
> > reports, lists of top test results contributors, etc.
>
> Nobody criticized this approach so I assume that it's not too bad. I'm
> going to implement a sketch for server-side bunch of scripts - one
> that accepts uploads and puts them to a temp directory and maybe some
> simple reports. They won't use any database. I believe that most
> common server-side engine is CGI (not PHP or J2EE) so I'd like to
> implement this using Perl CGI scripts. Since this is a first draft,
> I'm not going to use advanced templates language like XSLT. Including
> HTML output in script is bad idea so I'm going to use something like
> HTML::Template [1] for pages generation and CGI::Lite [2] for requests
> handling.
>
> Perl is chosen just because it suites well for fast prototyping development.
>
> If nobody objects, I'm going to start coding.
>
> [1] http://html-template.sourceforge.net/
> [2] http://search.cpan.org/~smylers/CGI-Lite-2.02/Lite.pm
>
> --
> Regards,