harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jordan Justen" <jljus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [app] ant with ecj
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:48:54 GMT
Richard,

Yes, I also added ecj_3.2.jar to the CLASSPATH.

Ant works fine, but the first time a javac task is encountered, the compiler
complained that java.lang.Object was not found.  I then added
jdk/jre/lib/boot/kernel.jar to CLASSPATH.  Now, I see an error that
java.lang.String is not found, so I added luni.jar to CLASSPATH.  etc...

Since ant is basically working (mkdir tasks, delete tasks, java tasks all
seem to work), I think the harmony jvm is loading these "boot" jars, but it
seems like when the javac task uses ecj, those jars are not visible.

I'm using windows xp, ant 1.6.5, and the latest harmony jdk snapshot.

Thanks again,

-Jordan