harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Oleg Khaschansky" <oleg.v.khaschan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions found while running servlet...
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:13:01 GMT
> 2.- Trying to generate charts using JFreeCharts (server-side):
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/harmony/awt/gl/ImageSurface
>        at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.createImageSurface(BufferedImage.java:659)
>        at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(BufferedImage.java:352)
>        at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart.createBufferedImage(JFreeChart.java:1211)
>        at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart.createBufferedImage(JFreeChart.java:1193)
>        at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart.createBufferedImage(JFreeChart.java:1178)...

Do you use harmony snapshot? I tried to run simple test which creates
BufferedImage with aug 04 snapshot and got an UnsatisfiedLinkError
instead of it. But absence of the gl.dll in that snapshot is a known
issue and likely to be fixed in the next snapshot. Maybe you could try
to look into your HARMONY_HOME/lib/boot/awt.jar and check if it
includes org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.ImageSurface class? The snapshot
has it and there shouldn't be any problems with loading this class.

If you built harmony from sources, please consider refreshing awt
module and rebuilding with
-Dwith.awt.swing=true