harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vm] ArgoUML application crashes IBM VME
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:53:06 GMT
On 8/24/06, Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >> Windows stack trace says:
> >>
> >> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: gl (Not found in
> >> com.ibm.oti.vm.bootstrap.library.path)
> >>        at
> >> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:113)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(
> >> ClassLoader.java:97)
> >>        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:758)
> >>        at org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.windows.WinGraphicsEnvironment
> >> .<clinit>(WiGraphicsEnvironment.java:38)
> >>

> >> which basically tells me that you are missing gl.dll. In fact, if you
> >> look at WinGraphicsEnvironment at line 38, there is a
> System.loadLibrary
> >> ("gl")
> >> call. You need to build with the -Dwith.awt.swing=true flag set on
> >> the ant command line to get this. If you do this and rerun argouml,
> >> the app. splash screen comes up, but is halted after a short time by
> the
> >> following error:
> >>
> >> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> >>        at
> >> java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:27)
> >>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:258)
> >>        at com.ibm.oti.vm.JarRunner.main(JarRunner.java:42)
> >> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> >> java/applet/Applet.getAppletContext()Ljava/applet/AppletContext;
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.getAppletContext(Globals.java:86)
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.showStatus(Globals.java:145)
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.pushMode(Editor.java:282)
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:191)
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:172)
> >> <SNIP!>
> >>
> >> which is not a surprise since our Applet class is just an empty shell.
> >> Looks
> >> like we cannot run this until we have Applet. It might be interesting
> if
> >> you
> >> ran one of the class load investigation tools contributed to Harmony (I
> >> think there might be two) to see how far away we are from running this
> -
> >> perhaps the results could be added to the website? The JIRAs containing
> >> these
> >> tools are listed at the bottom of [1]
> >

> > Uhhh... It's not very easy to build GL on Windows. Obviously this
> process
> > should (and can) be rendered automatic.
>
> I hope it can ;)
>

> > Oliver, I've got same result as you have. I also have info about all
> > classes
> > have not been implemented
> >
> > in the Harmony for this application (argoUML). At least the
> > filter_classes
> > tool (H-165) generates the following list:
>
> Great! Thanks for getting this list together. I guess these should
> all be covered by our xerces dependency - so it appears that
> the only thing standing between us and running ArgoUML is

I'm slightly unsure. We need to develop the Applet to understand this.
I mean new unimplemented classes can be found out after the
InvocationTargetException disappers.

Is there somewhere you can put this on the wiki/website so that we
> dont lose it? Looks like an interesting test app.

Yes, it makes sense, I think. Although I don't know what the right place is?

Thanks,
Vladimir.

Regards,