harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vm] ArgoUML application crashes IBM VME
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:02:59 GMT
On 8/23/06, Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Vladimir,
>
> Ive taken a quick look at your bug report, and at first glance the
> Windows stack trace says:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: gl (Not found in
> com.ibm.oti.vm.bootstrap.library.path)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:113)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(
> ClassLoader.java:97)
>        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:758)
>        at org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.windows.WinGraphicsEnvironment
> .<clinit>(WiGraphicsEnvironment.java:38)
>

> which basically tells me that you are missing gl.dll. In fact, if you
> look at WinGraphicsEnvironment at line 38, there is a System.loadLibrary
> ("gl")
> call. You need to build with the -Dwith.awt.swing=true flag set on
> the ant command line to get this. If you do this and rerun argouml,
> the app. splash screen comes up, but is halted after a short time by the
> following error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>        at
> java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:27)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:258)
>        at com.ibm.oti.vm.JarRunner.main(JarRunner.java:42)
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> java/applet/Applet.getAppletContext()Ljava/applet/AppletContext;
>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.getAppletContext(Globals.java:86)
>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.showStatus(Globals.java:145)
>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.pushMode(Editor.java:282)
>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:191)
>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:172)
> <SNIP!>
>
> which is not a surprise since our Applet class is just an empty shell.
> Looks
> like we cannot run this until we have Applet. It might be interesting if
> you
> ran one of the class load investigation tools contributed to Harmony (I
> think there might be two) to see how far away we are from running this -
> perhaps the results could be added to the website? The JIRAs containing
> these
> tools are listed at the bottom of [1]

Uhhh... It's not very easy to build GL on Windows. Obviously this process
should (and can) be rendered automatic.

Oliver, I've got same result as you have. I also have info about all classes
have not been implemented

in the Harmony for this application (argoUML). At least the filter_classes
tool (H-165) generates the following list:

cat missing_classes.txt

javax/xml/parsers/SAXParserFactory
javax/xml/parsers/ParserConfigurationException
javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory
javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilder
javax/xml/parsers/SAXParser
javax/xml/transform/Source
javax/xml/transform/Result
javax/xml/transform/TransformerException
javax/xml/transform/TransformerConfigurationException
org/w3c/dom/Node
org/w3c/dom/NodeList
org/w3c/dom/Document
org/w3c/dom/Element
org/w3c/dom/TypeInfo
org/w3c/dom/CharacterData
org/w3c/dom/Comment
org/w3c/dom/DocumentType
org/w3c/dom/NamedNodeMap
org/w3c/dom/Attr
org/w3c/dom/Text
org/w3c/dom/events/EventTarget
org/w3c/dom/events/DocumentEvent
org/xml/sax/AttributeList
org/xml/sax/EntityResolver
org/xml/sax/InputSource
org/xml/sax/SAXException
org/xml/sax/DTDHandler
org/xml/sax/ContentHandler
org/xml/sax/ErrorHandler
org/xml/sax/Parser
org/xml/sax/XMLReader
org/xml/sax/Attributes
org/xml/sax/Locator
org/xml/sax/ext/EntityResolver2
org/xml/sax/ext/Attributes2
org/xml/sax/ext/Locator2
org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler
org/xml/sax/helpers/AttributesImpl

Thanks,
Vladimir.

I will take a look at the Linux crash next and see if I can get anywhere