harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregory Shimansky" <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][JNI]GetByteArrayRegion differs from RI (was Re: Exceptions found while running servlet...)
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:57:51 GMT
2006/8/11, Jimmy, Jing Lv <firepure@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
>      As discussed in the former thread, I find that a JNI of DRLVM
> (GetByteArrayRegion) differs from RI in passing parameter
> (byte[count],count,0). RI (and J9 VM) returns immediately but DRLVM
> throws an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.
>      IMHO, it is better to improve here, make it follow RI, as JNI is
> also a part of API, and users may use it. So if no objections, shall I
> or someone raise a JIRA for this?
>
>      I don't know if Martin is urgent in using Harmony in Winstone
> servlet engine (Martin, can you read this?), so shall I work around in
> java code before we have conclusion?
>
>      Any comments/suggestions from DRLVM guys? Thanks!

I didn't really understand the condition when vm throws AIOBE. Do you pass
start parameter count for the array of count length? But in this case the
start points to the element right after the array end. And spec [1]
explicitly states that this function should throw AIOBE in this case. Is
there something I don't understand?

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jni/spec/functions.html#wp6212