harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] signalis interruptus in hysock
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:04:53 GMT
On Wednesday 30 August 2006 19:29 Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> So - does anyone have any other bright ideas?  Why don't we see this
> with J9?    Would it be better to do a per-thread signal mask after
> asking the thread manager what signal it's using du jour?  (Andrey
> noted that Sun allows one to change the signals used, apparently to
> prevent collision w/ user code vi JNI, I guess...)

I could be mistaken but I think pthread_kill which is supposed to signal just
a single thread works in a following way - it kills the whole process but
allows the signal to just one thread. The blocking calls like select are
interrupted anyway since signal is process wide and there is no way to make
it interrupt only one thread.