harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] HARMONY-1225 : Assorted fixes and enhancements for AWT and Swing
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:03:50 GMT

On 30 August 2006 at 10:54, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
> Ok, but the correct way here is probably not a completely new patch, but
> one that can follow the original patch with fix-ups....

I don't think I understand what you mean.  So I'd do:

1) apply the original patch with --force and create lots of .rej files
2) apply a patch to remove the "legitimate" .rej files?
3) check for any remaining .rej files which would indicate real errors?

This sounds crazy to me and usually I'm pretty open about hacking things
around. ;-)

I was imagining a "new" patch which would be identical to the old one
but with the hunks that would have been rejected in the old one removed.
And possibly a new patch which clearly identifies any new changes that
are required to create something working/consistent to check
in.

Regards,
 Mark.