harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Where to run tests? (was Re: [classlib][support] Using new framework for testing serialization (was: ...)
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:34:50 GMT

On 10 August 2006 at 14:51, "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/10/06, Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
> >
> > Hi Stepan,
> >
> >     IMO, most ser file should be put into a certain directory, so
> > the the appropriate directory is always there.
> >
> >     I'd like to add a new method to the framework as:
> >
> > public static void createGoldenFile(TestCase test,Object object)
> > throws  IOException {
> >     createGoldenFile("src/test/resources/serialization",test,object);
> > }
>
> But if 'root' param is relative path them the generated
> file is placed in 'bin' (i.e. <module_root>/bin/test).
> folder. Am I right? So you have to move it by hands anyway to
> <module_root>/src/test/resources/serialization folder.

I was thinking about this.  Currently all of the relative paths in
modules/<name>/build.xml are relative to modules/<name>, except those
on test invocations which are relative to modules/<name>/bin/test.

IMHO, this is slightly confusing for instance in the security module,
For example, modules/security/build.xml sets the classpath (in ant) to include
"../../build/tests" when running the api tests, but when running the
api injected tests it appends "../../../../build/tests" to the
bootclasspath (using -X vm argument).

I think ant should just run tests in modules/<name>.

(I didn't realise that eclipse already ran the tests for there or I'd
probably have suggested it earlier.)

Regards,
 Mark.