harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cordova" <martin.cord...@gmail.com>
Subject Exceptions found while running servlet...
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 05:44:38 GMT
Is it OK to send this type of feedback to the list? please let me know
if not, and what subject conventions should I use (is there a link
about this?). I am not a Harmony developer, just a new user, I can
only provide feedback from my tests.

----

I am running a small webapp, using Winstone servlet engine and IBM JDK
1.4.2 SP4 on WinXP SP2. Runs fine. I switched to Harmony JRE (aug-4),
and found these exceptions:

1.- I see this error while using servlet includes and also at the end
of some pages:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0..0 at
org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendStreamImpl(OSNetworkSystem.java)
at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendStream(OSNetworkSystem.java:194)
at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.write(PlainSocketImpl.java:647)
at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:89)
at winstone.WinstoneOutputStream.commit(WinstoneOutputStream.java:152)
at winstone.WinstoneOutputStream.flush(WinstoneOutputStream.java:189)
at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:176) at
java.io.OutputStreamWriter.convert(OutputStreamWriter.java:240) at
java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(OutputStreamWriter.java:228) at
java.io.PrintWriter.doWrite(PrintWriter.java:640) at
java.io.PrintWriter.write(PrintWriter.java:622) at
winstone.WinstoneResponseWriter.write(WinstoneResponseWriter.java:45)
at java.io.PrintWriter.write(PrintWriter.java:607) at
java.io.PrintWriter.write(PrintWriter.java:657) at
java.io.PrintWriter.print(PrintWriter.java:455) at

2.- Trying to generate charts using JFreeCharts (server-side):

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/harmony/awt/gl/ImageSurface
	at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.createImageSurface(BufferedImage.java:659)
	at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(BufferedImage.java:352)
	at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart.createBufferedImage(JFreeChart.java:1211)
	at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart.createBufferedImage(JFreeChart.java:1193)
	at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart.createBufferedImage(JFreeChart.java:1178)...

The JDBC related code is running fine, performance also looks very good.

I will contact Winstone developer to see if he can help in some way to
identify the problem. He already helped me a few months ago to help
identify a bug in GNU Classpath server socket API.

Regards,
Martin
--
Dinamica - RADical J2EE framework