harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cordova" <martin.cord...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BASE64Encoder class missing?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:33:47 GMT
I was testing a servlet engine called Winstone v0.8.2 - very
lightweight and minimalistic (winstone.sourceforge.net). It started
very fast, and everything seemed to work nice until I reached the
point of encoding a password...

I also make heavy use of Resin servlet engine, I will test it with Harmony too.

Is it possible to mantain the same package name for this Base64 class?
any licensing issues regarding this? I use IBM JVM and they provide
this class under the same package.

I also tested a small program that uses some File I/O and a compact
XML parser called Electric XML and parts of a framework that makes
heavy use of HashMap and ArrayList. Did run fine and fast, inside
Eclipse 3.2.

I am really pleased with this JRE snapshot, so easy to install and
test. Last time I tested gnu classpath with some open source JVM was a
pain in the class. Don't take me wrong, I appreciatte a lot the effort
of those guys, but I love simplicity a lot. By creating an easy to
install snapshot you are also improving the feedback cycle, people (at
least me) will feel more motivated to test and provide feedback.

Regards,
Martin
--
Dinamica - RADical J2EE framework