harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Green <gr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: BASE64Encoder class missing?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:24:43 GMT
On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 17:58 -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Yes- the idea is to provide that "suncompat.jar" for that reason with
> those clases in the sun.* namespace that user apps depend on.

This way lies madness.  I urge you to take a strong stand against bad

Experience tells us that application developers are happy to fix their
programs once made aware of this issue.  GNU Classpath users have
already paved the way with the developers of many popular programs and
libraries (Eclipse, OpenOffice.org, Azureus, a lot of Apache code like
Batik and Tomcat, etc).  This is the only solution that makes sense for
users and developers.