harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject RE: [classlib][test]Is this test necessary?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 03:53:03 GMT
No, I don't think that's necessary at all. The test should just be testing
that the Error itself works, like you said, not that the VM throws one when
it runs out of memory. There were other tests like this, that I've cleaned
up in the past, like an IndexOutOfBoundsExceptionTest that asserted the
exception was thrown if an array was accessed out of bounds. I thought it
was just a one-off thing, but it seems there are other tests like that,
which should be cleaned up.

My opinion is that tests that assert VM behavior should be packaged with the
VM, not the class library.

-Nathan